Speaker: Stephanie Sang
Stephanie is the CEO of Granted Consulting, and is known as a ‘Grant Angel’ in Vancouver. She is passionate about working with entrepreneurs in all industries on developing grant strategies for growth. Since 2011, Granted has supported 700+ clients and generated over $10.0 MM in grant funding at a success rate of 92%. Over the last few years, Stephanie has been invited to speak at events hosted by the Women Enterprise Centre, Business Business Bureau, The Executive Committee (TEC), Chambers of Commerce, Business Improvement Associations, and other venues to educate entrepreneurs about grants in Canada.
Topic: Getting “Granted” for your Business
Purpose: To educate business owners and/or consultants on the best practices when researching, leveraging, and applying for government grants.
Business professionals have described grants as a ‘pie in the sky’; they know they are there but they can’t seem to access them. Some have heard of grants or possibly even applied for one or two in the past, but the process can be challenging, confusing, and time-consuming. It is important that for-profit businesses learn about what programs are available and be corrected on misconceptions about government grants.
This presentation outlines best practices when preparing for upcoming grants and developing an effective grant strategy for your business. It also covers ongoing grant programs that are currently accepting applications.
- Types of Grants Available to Businesses
- The Importance of Timing
- What is a Grant Strategy?
- How to be Successful in Applying for Grants?
- Which Grants are Available now?
- Case Studies
- Loans (Optional)
- Business Owners in B.C.
- Ideal Demographic:
- Size: 3+ F/T employees
- Business Existence: 2+ years
- Consultants of B.C. Businesses
- Business coaches
- Recruiters and HR firms
- Members of business community (i.e. Chambers of Commerce, Business Improvement Association)
- Basic: 30-45 minutes plus Q&As
- In-Depth with Industry Specific Case Studies: 60 minutes plus Q&As
- In-Depth plus Loan Discussions: 90 minutes plus Q&As
- Women Enterprise Centre
- Better Business Bureau
- The Executive Committee (TEC)
- Richmond Chamber of Commerce
- Business Improvement Associations
- The Headhunters
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC)