Are you passionate about being a part of an organization to help other businesses grow by leveraging the power of grants?
Have you worked in a fast-paced servicing environment and have experience in dealing with documentation where execution of getting things right first time is essential?
Do you have a high attention to detail and the skill to deal with multiple projects, clientele and tasks all at the same time?
We want to hear from you!
Granted Consulting is seeking a multitasker who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to join our fast-paced consulting business to help us grow the operational capacity of the business so that we can support more business owners with grant applications to grow their businesses.
The successful applicant will work alongside a small team of Coordinators to successfully support clients through the application process right up to receiving their grant reimbursement.
The successful applicant will initially learn 4 grant programs processes from start to finish. The responsibility of the coordinator is to ensure that the clients needs are met throughout the entire grant process including submitting the application, paperwork post approval and claims. You will also assist in developing and refining systems and processes to better serve clients including defining individual workflows for new and existing grants along with helping define the KPIs for the coordination team.
This role will include three primary skills sets:
- Project Coordination: strategically identifying priority of workload and what grants need to be actioned first. You will be responsible for the success of the grant application by ensuring the grant is completed with the right information and attention to detail in client servicing.
- Process Management: Evaluating process plans with your team members to achieve the best outcome for the client and business. Take part in projects to achieve goals and meet success criteria. Create the foundation of a workflow which is reviewed with team members and managers..
- Communication: Ensuring a high level of communication both internally and externally. You will liaise with clients via email, phone and zoom meetings in order to lead the client through the pre-approval and post approval of grant paperwork and assist them with reimbursement claims.
About Granted Consulting
Granted Consulting is a business consultancy operating in Vancouver to help businesses across Canada obtain Government Grants. We leverage available government funding for those who fit the grant criteria, reducing overhead of the businesses we work with and improving the success of businesses across Western Canada.
Since starting operation in 2011 we have had exponential growth. We are seeking a team player who is just as comfortable leading their team as they are rolling up their sleeves and getting stuff done to meet business objectives.
Core Job Function
Manage the success of the grant application by ensuring the grant is completed with the right information. Critical thinking about different grants and what it takes to succeed in the grant application is required. Includes research of information including job roles, training providers, companies, and keywords across multiple different sectors and then summarize and synthesize information for grant applications.
- Writing out applications for various grants, the quantity of writing will vary based on the grant. Some creative writing required for more complex or technical based grants.
- Comprehensive research to support grant applications
- Coordinate zoom calls with clients to assist them in submitted grant applications.
- Ensure that our CRM and grant documentation match at all times and inform grant programs and clients of changes that occur throughout the grant lifespan.
- Provide daily support to the strategy team throughout the application process with their client.
You will lead the client through the pre-approval and post approval paperwork and assist them with reimbursement claims where you are responsible for validating the reimbursement documents the client sends you for their claim. Direct communication with the client over email and phone calls for the purpose of following-up on deliverables, updating the client on grant progress, identifying next steps for the client, facilitating the grant moving forward, problem solving differences between applications and claims, and troubleshooting client questions.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients through regular contact throughout their grant life cycle.
- Effectively and accurately respond to the needs of clients and is acutely aware of the impact of decisions made
- Identifies, problem solves, and works to remove barriers to successful grant completion
Define the processes for grant applications from start to finish. In this role you will set the key milestones of the grant process and the tasks that are required and then record the workflows on our CRM system so that other stakeholders in the company can access. You will maintain the efficiency of the workflows and adapt as necessary when changes occur, including defining templates as needed.
- Identifying new tasks or steps that need to be completed during a grant lifecycle and adding these to workflows
- Work with Operations Manager to establish a work back plan. In order to do this you will gather information from the grant database and a variety of other sources to refine the project requirements
- Ensuring your knowledge is current for grant programs, continuously growing your knowledge around the grants and their processes. Utilising Get Granted and other available resources to do so.
Ensure that the CRM is up-to-date so that Grants are tracked through the stage. Use Keep communication templates up-to-date. Creating documentation for the team to use when gathering client information to support the application writing process. Verifying information input to Daylite (CRM) has been done so correctly and providing feedback where needed. Also validating estimate tabs to ensure they match the grant agreements. Data clean up projects on CRM and DropBox.\
- Responsible for drafting, implementing and maintaining project documentation including grant information requests.
- Ensuring application information that changes is both communicated to the strategy consultant involved and the finance team.
- Following set naming standards for saving documents to client dropbox folders and keeping folders tidy.
- Review information that is provided to you from the strategy team before submitting said application and providing feedback as necessary. Confirm the information or proactively identify discrepancies.
You enjoy coordination of projects and resources and lead the charge in ensuring projects are delivered on time. Gathering information, reading documents for key insights and writing are natural skill sets.
A fast paced work environment helps you thrive and you easily handle fluctuating workloads while being able to jump from one project to the next quickly and effectively.
You have experience in a relevant field or are familiar through post secondary education in research, fact checking, writing documentation and validating information. Above all, you’re looking to use your skills to help make the day-to-day operations of the business efficient and effective.
We Are Seeking Candidates Who Have
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. A degree in Business, Computer Science or Instructional Design is preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with project coordination and management is preferred.
- Experience working in an academic environment is preferred.
- Experience coordinating activities and resources in project of varying sizes
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative in relation to carrying out assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management, organizational and coordination skills.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
Communicate for Results – Converses with, and writes to clients in ways that support transactional and administrative activities. Seeks and shares information and opinions. Explains the immediate context of the situation, asks questions with follow-ups, and solicits advice prior to taking action.
Problem Solving – Asks questions and looks for data that helps to confirm information or proactively identify discrepancies. Suggests remedies that meet the needs of the situation and those directly affected. Resolves problems and escalates issues appropriately.
Accountability – Checks assumptions about mutual expectations and clarifies standards of overall performance. Checks the scope of responsibilities of self and others. Monitors day-to-day performance and takes corrective action when needed to ensure desired performance is achieved.
Analytical Thinking – Collates and reports information. Investigates to define problems more accurately. Sorts information in order of importance. Identifies relationships and linkages between components. Identifies variable potential causes and effects. Solicits guidance to define criteria and assign values of importance and urgency. Escalates issues of an exceptional nature.
Collaborate – Takes initiative to actively participate in team interactions. Without waiting to be asked, constructively expresses own point of view or concerns, even when it may be unpopular. Ensures that the limited time available for collaboration adds significant customer value and business results.
Please prepare your resume and cover letter in PDF format and mention “Grant Coordinator Application” in your submission when you apply. We will only be reaching out to successful candidates. We look forward to hearing from you.