Granted turns 10!
This year marks a special milestone in Granted’s history, – we turned 10! We are proud of what we have been able to achieve over the past decade, and how we have impacted our community.
Granted Consulting was founded in 2012 by Vancouver’s Grant Angel, Stephanie Sang. Stephanie saw that there were a plethora of grants available to small businesses, but they didn’t seem to be leveraging them. Little did she know, this observation would evolve into a fully-fledged business with employees across Canada.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been 10 years since we opened the doors. Time really does fly when you’re having fun! Over the past decade, we’ve had the pleasure of working with a diverse range of clients across various industries, and we’ve loved every minute of it. Let’s take a look at some highlights.
The company has evolved to reflect the goals of the business, but also the needs of our communities. At Granted, we seek to maximize how we can support small businesses in Canada. Over the past 10 years, this included:
- Developing GetGranted: we created a SaaS grant database so small businesses can have greater insights into the funding available to them, and apply for grants on their own.
- Specializing in key industry segments: to better serve our clients we have specialized Grant Consultants in Technology, Manufacturing, Construction, CleanTech, Professional Services, and Food & Beverage. This means that our clients are working with someone who knows the ins and outs of the industry, and knows what the grant landscape looks like for each sector.
- Expanding across Canada: so we can help more small businesses in Canada achieve their grant goals, we expanded from our hometown of Vancouver to other provinces including Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec. To achieve this, our team is also located across the country so our clients have someone nearby to work with.
- Increasing grant variety: as the needs of our clients evolve, so do their grant needs. Over the past 10 years, we have expanded our grant portfolio so we have the knowledge and skills for any project idea our clients may have. This includes hiring, training, market expansion, research and development, greening initiatives, loans, calls for innovation, and more.
- Educating our communities: to disseminate our knowledge, our CEO Stephanie Sang has been on average giving one presentation or webinar per month since 2016. This translates to approximately 2,100+ people that have learned about grants or grant-related topics.
As we reflect on the past 10 years, we can’t help but feel grateful for the opportunity to have made a positive impact on so many small businesses. We’ve helped companies upskill their staff, grow their team, and expand their business through the power of grant funding. We’ve also had the chance to work with some truly amazing people along the way.
Looking back, it’s clear that we wouldn’t be where we are today without the support of our clients, partners, and team members. We’re so grateful for your trust in us and for the opportunity to be a part of your journey to success. Thank you for choosing Granted Consulting as your trusted grant partner.
As we look to the future, we’re excited to see what the next 10 years bring. We’re committed to continuing to provide the highest level of services and to supporting our clients on their journey to success. Here’s to many more years!