Are you good at reading through formal documentation, summarizing data, picking out key points and organizing documents so that they are easy to read? Are you detailed oriented and can write quality grant applications for clients? We are looking for a full-time hybrid role of grant research assistant and grant writer to assist with obtaining key information and data about government funding programs across Canada and assist account managers with applications for such funding programs.
Granted Consulting helps small and medium-sized businesses identify and apply for non-dilutive grant funding programs. Our company’s mission is to empower Canadian businesses by leveraging grant programs to support their expansion. In addition to our boutique-consulting firm, Granted is developing a web-based SaaS tool that simplifies the grant identification process for businesses, enabling them to search for and compare various programs on the local, regional and national levels. As our Program Research Assistant, you will be involved in the creation of the database to support this innovative tool.
Does this sound like a fit? Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Research Assistant
- Identify and review official program documentation and application guides
- Extract key information as relevant to the funding type/category and populate internal documents
- Create clean and structured summary documents for internal and external use
- Consolidate information from material and pick out parameters outlined
- Monitor and track changes to program status and update internal documents as needed
- Summarize and paraphrase data as required
- Reach out to grant authorities to obtain information as required (via phone)
- Identify and compile lists of potential research subjects/programs
- Collaborate with account managers to collect information required by funding applications
- Craft responses to questions on funding applications while aligning client’s business strategies
- Document internal processes related to best practices on how to create funding applications with a high success rate
- Weekly meetings and reporting on application status, issues, and progress
Qualifications and Proficiencies:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced small business environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong research skills – experience writing research papers in an academic or professional setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resourcefulness – proactive in seeking solutions and gathering information
- Ability to identify and summarize relevant information
- Strong time management and organization
- Critical thinking; ability to think ‘outside of the box’
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with CRM system (Daylite) is an asset
- Familiarity with Mac OS, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro
Get in touch. But don’t just send us your resume. We want to see a detailed cover letter telling us why you’re passionate about what we do and how you could be a part of it. Tell us about who you are, what you have to offer, and why you believe in our work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent